Harvest Evangelism is a ministry that focuses primarily on broken men and women who’s lives have been ravaged by life-controlling issues. We have been working for over 36 years in Opelika, AL and other parts of East Alabama providing discipleship and rehabilitation for those who needed it most. It is our mission to give men and women the opportunity for God to truly transform and change their lives through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Over the years, thanks to our generous donors and supporters from all over the county, we have been able to provide these services free of charge.
Please watch our 5 minute video about our ministry to get a better understanding of what we do.
Statement of Faith
What we believe…
1. The Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God.
2. There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years.
4. In the blessed hope, the imminent return of Christ for overcoming believers.
5. In the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
6. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
7. Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
8. The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and her Great Commission on earth.
9. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
10. In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
11. Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God.
12. Marriage is God-ordained. “The creator made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” (Matthew 19:4-5). Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30).
13. We practice two ordinances: (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving the gift of salvation. And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.